Blessed naturally, India is a unique land of vibrant colours, breathtaking landscapes and rich history. India attracts several millions of travellers from all over the world around the year. The reasons to visit India are plenty, ranging from mountainous landscapes, beaches, wildlife, secluded islands, bustling metropolitan cities, culinary delights, romantic getaways, spiritual retreats, etc. The reasons are many and they keep growing. Luckily for me, I do not have to pen down all the motivations to visit India since the objective of the post is different.
This article describes to you the simplified process that is required to acquire a Visa to travel to India. By the way, remember to check our article on Benefits of Travel Insurance to make sure you have procured a travel insurance policy to protect yourself and your loved ones from any unforeseen events during the travel to India.
With the relaxation of COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, E-Visa service has been restored for eligible nationalities. At the date of this post, a total of 165 nationalities can apply for E-Visa online.
The list of eligible nationalities is provided below:
Steps To Apply for Indian E-Visa
If you happen to be amongst the above listed nationalities, then the following process is applicable to you:
- Step 1 – Visit the India Visa Online website by clicking here.
- Step 2 – The features and the fee structure depending on the E-Visa type are available on the main page.
The E-Visa types are as follows:
e-Medical Attendant Visa
e-Emergency X-Misc Visa
An example for the E-Tourist visa details is provided below for reference:
- Step 3 – Click on ‘Apply here for e-visa’, fill the online form and follow through the process.
- Step 4 – Upload the necessary documents such as photograph, passport page, etc.
- Step 5 – Verify the entered data and make the payment via Credit / Debit card.
- Step 6 – After successful completion of the process, the E-Visa typically takes about 4 working days to arrive at the registered email. The status of the application can be tracked via the “Check your Visa Status” option available on the website.
That’s it! Provide the acquired E-Visa to the immigration authority during your travel. Enjoy the trip to India and let us know about your experience.
For more information related to Indian Passport services application from the region of UAE, please visit our other post Indian Passport and Visa Services in UAE.