Need to know how to apply for Tourist Visa for India?
This article provides you specific details regarding Tourist / Visit visa for India. In case you are looking for a step-by-step process for visa applications to travel to India, please visit our previous article here.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/ is the official website to apply for the e-Visa Services.
Tourist visa for eligible nationalities can be applied via online. Hence, it’s called e-Tourist visa.
Tourist visas to India are applicable for Foreigners for the following purpose of travel:
- Recreation and sightseeing.
- Casual visit to meet friends and relatives.
- Attending short term courses on local languages, art and craft, etc.
- Voluntary work of short duration (max 1 month and no monetary payemnts)
List of eligible nationalities who can apply of e-Tourist visa are available here.
Types of e-Tourist Visa
1. Short Stay e-Tourist Visa
Duration: 1 month (30 days)
Entries: Double entries
2. One Year e-Tourist Visa
Duration: 1 Year
3. Long Term e-Tourist Visa
Duration: 5 Years
- Scanned Bio page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details.
- For short term courses, copy of letter from the institute/organization/hospital etc. concerned on its letterhead.
- For voluntary work of short duration, copy of letter from the organization concerned on its letterhead.
E-Tourist Visa Fee
e-Visa fee varies from country to country. Usually, a bank transaction charge of 2.5% is applied in addition. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel. The applicable fee per country is available here.
Things to Remember
- E-Tourist visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- Applicants of the eligible countries/territories should apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival.
- Applications can be made 120 days in advance from the date of the travel.
- Continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days for countries except USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
- For USA, UK, Canada and Japan continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
- Those travelling to India are also advised to go through instructions available on the website of Bureau of Immigration at https://boi.gov.in.
- e-Visa fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of visa.
- Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as ‘GRANTED’ on the official Indian portal website prior to commencement of your journey.
- If you intend to visit Protected/Restricted/Cantonment areas, you will require prior permission from the relevant Civil Authorities of India.